I am in a cookie mood! I find myself on these food kicks. Some weeks it’s smoothies, some weeks its Acai bowls, and the past week or so I have been in a cookie mood. I will say these guys are a little slice of heaven in your mouth. Even Les said I hit a home run with these, so that is a BIG compliment coming from him! Abbie ate two the night we made them and then I let her eat them for breakfast the next day. I have a hard time getting her to eat almonds so when I make things with Almond meal I feel like I’ve won. So how did we do it?
GRAIN FREE ALMOND JOY COOKIES
- 1 1/4 cups Almond Meal
- 1/2 cup of unsweet coconut flakes
- 1/3 cup of coconut sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon of himalayan pink salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 3 tbs melted coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cups of dairy free, enjoy life, chocolate chips
- Step 1 Mix the dry ingredients together first. In a separate bowl, whisk eggs until fluffy and then add vanilla and coconut oil, whisking until blended.
- Step 2 Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix until a dough is formed and then fold in chocolate chips. You should chill it for a few. I stuck mine in a freezer for 7 minutes and that did the trick.
- Step 3 Roll the dough into 1 inch balls and lay out on a greased cookie sheet. Press down with your fingers until you get a cookie shape. Bake in the oven on 375 for around 7 minutes or until they are starting to get brown on the edges.
- Step 4 Remove from the oven and let cool on a cooling rack.
And OH.MY.WORD. Enjoy!!!!!! Try not to eat them all at once, LOL.