Smoothies have become one of my most favorite things to make. It might be because I am madly in love with our new Slique Shake Packets from Young Living. They are vegan friendly, organic and are packed full of amazing nutrients and superfoods to be a complete meal replacement. The secret ingredients that make these so awesome are pea protein, quinoa, wolfberry, pumpkin seed protein, alfalfa grass juice, naturally derived B vitamins, including natural folate. I look at these shakes like a blank canvas. You can do ANYTHING with them. They have become meals for me as well as after workout shakes.
This morning I experimented with chocolate and kale and the results were outstanding.
Kale is an excellent detox food. It is high in fiber, vitamin K, C and CALCIUM. Thats right! Even more than the dairy industry would like for you to know. It is an anti-inflammatory food and is great for cardiovascular health. So there you go. Eat Kale whenever you can! And in this recipe it is completely hidden. Your kids will never know!
And Hemp… Oh my love for Hemp Seeds! This is a great source of Omega 3’s! We ALL need more of them, especially if you are eating a typical, modern American diet. We are bombarded with too much omega 6 in fried foods and oils. We don’t get enough Omega 3 to balance that out and then we have a problem. Inflammation sets in (not the good kind) and can begin to cause you some big problems. So get your Omega 3s ok!
So, I am calling this;
CHOCOLATE ALMOND DELIGHT
- 1 Slique Shake Packet
- 1 handful of frozen strawberries
- 1 handful of baby kale
- 1 tablespoon of raw cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon of hemp seeds
- 1 Ningxia Red Pouch (Young Living's antioxidant wolfberry juice)
- 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 of a banana
- Step 1 So when I do smoothies there is a methodical order. You have to put your liquids in first, then your frozen items, then everything else.
- Step 2 I am a vitamix junkie. It is my most favorite tool in the kitchen, so I just blend on smoothie mode, but if you are just using a regular blender, be really sure that you use the correct order to get a good consistency. Add more almond milk to the end if you need to smooth it out.